The school addresses humanitarian & social aspects of the society. It’s geared towards enabling an individual develop a sociological & psychological perspective on the same aspects. It is inclusive of a diploma in community development, social work, project management, community health, counseling psychology and disaster management.
- To equip students with life skills e.g. planning,communication, budgeting entrepreneurship and research thus enhancing their chances in the job market.
- To enable students to gain health education within the health context of the community and also a better understanding of themselves..
- To avail psychological support that address challenges facing the community through counseling, community mobilization & capacity building.
- To develop students competence in community development, social work, project management, psychology, and guidance & counseling.
- Equip individuals with skills to deal with social problems.
The world is changing its focus to social issues for instance poverty, HIV/AIDS disasters, community mobilization,resource mobilization and psychological support needs. Due to this we see the increase in number of NGO’s,CBO’s FBO’s and International Development Agencies e.g. UNDP, FAO, WHO etc. This has created a need for personnel trained on the same. Great opportunities remain high in areas with high prevalence of the above mentioned social issues.
|COURSE NAME||KCSE REQUIREMENTS||EXAMBODY||DURATON(Months)|
|Certificate in Community Development||C-||KNEC||12|
|Diploma in Community Development||C-||KNEC||24|
|Diploma in Social Work||C+||KNEC||24|
|Diploma in Psychology||C-||ICM||12|
|Dip in Early Childhood Care & Education||C||KNEC||12|
|COURSE NAME||DURATON (Hours)|
|Guidance & Counselling||10|
|Research Methods & Skills||10|
|Drug & Substance Abuse||10|
|Effective Communication Skills||10|
|Effective NGO & CBO Management||10|
|Progect Proposal Development & Writing Skills||10|
|Effective Leadership Skills & Development||10|
|Report Writing & Presentation Skills||10|
The current intakes for the above courses are as follows.
Jan, March, May & Sep intakes.