Although Zetech College was officially founded in 1999, Ken Mbiuki had been offering basic IT training in his dorm room since 1997, where he operated under the name 'Zenith Technologies' while pursuing his undergraduate studies at the University of Nairobi. At the time, computing technology was fairly new in Kenya.
In 1999 Ken Mbiuki leased office space in Summit House and registered an academic institution under the name ZETECH College - a fusion of the words 'Zenith and Technologies'. The College initially offered purely I.T. based courses.
In responding to the demand for higher education, the College introduced programmes scoping othe disciplines.
Who we are
Zetech College is a Private College located in Nairobi, Kenya. Zetech was founded by Engineer Ken Mbiuki in 1999 and is registered by the Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology.
It collaborates with the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology offering various programmess from the institution.
It is accredited by various leading local and international examining bodies.
The College comprises five schools: School of Media Arts and Design, School of Hospitality and
Tourism, School of Business, School of ICT and Engineering and School of Development Studies.
The current College Principal is Professor Edwin K. Wamukoya.
Zetech College currently has six campuses within Kenya's capital city of Nairobi. Five of these Campuses are located within the Central Business District and one, which is the College Head Office, in Nairobi's Westlands Suburb.
Westlands Campus – Reliance Centre
Pioneer Campus – Pioneer House
Summit Campus – Summit House
Agriculture Campus - Agriculture House
Hamilton Campus - Hamilton House
Stanbank Campus - Stanbank House
The College is currently in the process of setting up a University Complex in Ruiru. Completion of the Ruiru Campus should mark the transition of the College into a fully fledged chartered University.
To become a leading University for research, knowledge creation and dissemination in Africa..
To provide high quality education and create an environment that stimulates and challenges students to explore their intellectual and human potential.
• To provide training aimed at developing mid and top level human resource for both the private and public sector.
• To increase accessibility to higher education.
• To offer affordable quality tertiary and higher education.
• To offer flexible programmes catering for the needs of full time workers.
• To offer programmes that provide graduates with a wide range of options, entrepreneurial skills and employment opportunities.
• To promote research and knowledge dissemination.
• To develop all-round individuals.
• To establish opportunities for linkage and collaboration with the industry and Government institutions.
Our Core Values
• Concern for the student’s welfare.
• Efficiency and excellence in all operations.
• Responsiveness: have an understanding and respect for others and making qualified decisions in time.
• Positive collaborations: encourage synergy and facilitate collaborative and cooperative efforts among institutions and scholars with common interests.
• Hard work: be diligent in all engagements and discharge duties with genuine passion and dedication.
• Honesty and adherence to ethical practices.
• Teamwork: uphold teamwork and collaboration in order to realize the synergies of working together.
• Diversity: respect all persons, their differences, and the community they form; acknowledging that appreciation of diversity of thought and expression is the foundation of a vibrant intellectual environment.