Information and communication technology is a vital resource to all sectors in the current society. Both the private and public sectors rely on ICT since it involves collection, processing, storage and dissemination of data and information. The school of ICT trains theoretical, practical and technical aspects of ICT that are satisfactory towards helping one to support and manage information systems including networks.The school also oversees electronic and engineering courses
- To Enhance an individual's computer literacy and thus increase the literacy levels in the country.
- To empower learners with both theoretical and practical skills in an integrated manner and help enhance their problem solving skills.
- To enhance a learners analytical skills that will assist them develop real-world solutions
- To give students practical skills that will help them start and run ICT based businesses
- Enhance the productivity of professionals in different fields by giving them ICT skills that match their areas of specialization
The ICT sector is fast growing and penetrating into all other sectors of the economy. The world is becoming a global village because of ICT. As such nearly all activities depend on information technology. Because of its dynamic and complex nature and including issues arising from the use of ICT, skilled personnel are continually needed. People who will rise to become experts in the ICT field stand a great chance in the current market.
|COURSE NAME||KCSE REQ.||EXAMBODY||DURATON(Months)|
|Diploma in Information Technology||City & Guilds||C-||12|
|Advanced Diploma in Information Technology||City & Guilds||Diploma||6|
|Diploma in Networking||City & Guilds||C-||6|
|Diploma in IT Systems Support||City & Guilds||C-||12|
|Adv. Diploma in IT System Support||City & Guilds||Diploma||6|
|Diploma in IT Software Development||City & Guilds||C-||6|
|Diploma in Electronics and computing systems||City & Guilds||C-||12|
|Diploma in Information Technology||KNEC||C||24|
|Certificate in Business Information systems||ABE||D+||6|
|Diploma in Business Information systems||ABE||C-||6|
|Cert in Electrical & Electronic Eng||City & Guilds||D+||12|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||City & Guilds||C Plain/Cert in Elec Eng||12|
|Diploma in Electronics Eng||City & Guilds||C Plain/Cert in Elec Eng||12|
|Advanced Diploma in Electrical Eng||City & Guilds||Dip in Elect Eng||12|
|Dip in Computer Electronic Engineering||City & Guilds||C-||12|
The current intakes for the above courses are as follows.
Jan, March, May & September 2011
Send us your question/queries or visit any of our campuses where our career guidance team will offer you the necessary assistance.